Sept 1, 2023 | By: Jennifer Stitt in For Love of the Game
Thank You For Another Amazing Summer
As I woke up this morning it hit me that Summer is once again coming to a close.
But what a summer it’s been for Field of Dreams Baseball Camp!
In short we:
– Ran 9 weeks of summer camp at 5 different locations (Vaughan, Aurora, Caledon, Scarborough, and Elite)
– Had over 850 participants registered!
– Employed over 60 staff members
– Supported kids who have come back to play year after year, and those who continue to play with us year-round
– Introduced dozens of new kids to the incredible game of baseball, and watched their eyes light up as they discovered that same love of the game that we have.
– Ran seven incredible special events across our camp locations, including visits from two special guests, former Blue Jay and World Series Champion Rob Butler, and current Sportsnet analyst and former professional Major League Baseball player Kevin Barker.
As a business owner, I want to thank all of you for your continued support, your dedication, your loyalty, and your commitment to our success. You know firsthand that our success is your kids’ success, and we take that responsibility seriously. Every time a participant returns for another program or another summer is a vote of confidence that we do NOT take for granted, and we thank you for it.
To our staff, you don’t even know how incredible you are. Parents regularly reach out to me to compliment me on your work, and to let me know that this is the best camp that they’ve ever brought their kids to. Parenting is a scary job, and parents don’t leave their kids somewhere that they don’t feel 100% comfortable. Our parents feel 100% comfortable with you, and that’s what helps make Field of Dreams so magical.
On a personal note, my deepest gratitude to my husband, Nolan, and to everyone who’s been in my corner. As most of you know, I became a first-time Mom last year, and am now raising a 15-month old slugger (he’s still working on his swing) who’s a handful all by himself.
Juggling him plus being in 5 different camp locations at once is next to impossible, and it meant a lot of late nights and early mornings working around my toddler’s schedule (let’s be honest – he’s the real boss!) to ensure that camp continued to go off without a hitch. I couldn’t have made this run without Nolan’s support, the hard work of our other camp directors, Gianfranco, Daniel, and Andy, or without everyone’s understanding. I want to show my son just what he can accomplish with a lot of hard work and effort, and we’re doing it.
Lastly, if you want to say thank you, the BEST way to do that is with a Google Review. Newcomers to Field of Dreams often look online to learn more about us, and so a 5 star review and some kind words goes a long way to helping support our small business and keeping us successful.
Thank you all, we’re going to keep running our programming through the fall and winter (we have clinics running that cater to kids of all ages and skill level, so there is something for everyone), and we’re already excited to see all of our returning campers next summer.
Field of Dreams Baseball Camp Inc.