Field of Dreams has teamed up with former NCAA pitchers, to create an elite pitching and velocity training program unlike any other offered in the GTA. The Field of Dreams instructors have trained under the guidance of some of the most world-renowned pitching coaches. This impressive roster of mentors includes Houston Astros pitching coach Brent Strom, Ron Wolforth, Randy Sullivan, Flint Wallace and Kyle Boddy, amongst many others. We have now combined the best practices from many of the top pitching coaches across North America, into one ultimate program. We are excited to offer pitchers in the Toronto area a proven, elite level training program to safely gain velocity, reduce arm pain and chances of injury, improve command, and become a complete pitcher
FOD Elite Baseball has developed a smart and proven throwing program. Through instruction in a plethora of different drills, fine tuning mechanics, strength and conditioning specific to pitching, before and after throwing exercises, proper arm care, and, proper use of weighted balls (age specific only), connection balls, shoulder tubes, sock tubes and velocity training belts, each pitcher will experience significant gains! Space is very limited for FOD’s Elite Pitching and Velocity Training program as we want to maintain a small instructor to participant ratio for lots of individual attention and increased results.
Disclaimer: Our Elite Pitching and Velocity Training program is for the rep, elite, or serious baseball player only. This program is not for everyone; It is challenging. Participants will have to work extremely hard and enjoy being pushed and training at a high level.
FOD’s elite pitching development is a proven velocity training program adapted from some of the top pitching coaches in the world, and aims to achieve:
– increase in velocity
– teach use of legs and hips
– teach proper technique / mechanics
– reduce arm pain and injuries
– overcome inconsistency
– teaching proper arm care
– increased strength and endurance
– instill confidence
How the program is structured…
1. On day one we will provide an initial assessment of each pitcher by assessing each pitcher’s mechanics through video analysis and determining velocity through radar testing
2. Through this assessment we will then identify the individual constraints in performance and weaknesses in throwing / pitching
3. We will then design a powerfully unique training program to address and improve each individual constraint and weakness providing specific drills, exercises, and stretches, in order to take each pitcher to the next level. Each session will be smartly designed to cater to each pitcher.
4. On the last day we will construct a final assessment of each pitcher, displaying their gains and improvements, along with providing additional resources to continue their training beyond our program.
FALL 2019 SESSION DATES
Nov: 16, 23, 30
Dec: 7, 14
WINTER 2020 SESSION DATES:
Jan: 18, 25
Feb: 1, 8, 22, 29
Mar: 7, 28
April: 4, 18